POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : One Word : Re: One Word Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One Word
From: stbenge
Date: 30 Dec 2008 16:54:51
Message: <495a98ab@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> High!
>>> It was part of a larger set, back in... 1985 I think.
>> No, that would be probably some years too late - I had the same model
>> (Space Shuttle), but that was when I was 10 years old, i. e. in 1979/80!
>
> Now that you mention it: IIRC this was not only one of the few models I never
> possessed, but also one of the very few that was re-issued some time again
> later.

This would explain why I had it as part of a larger set. There was this
small flyer, and a small rover with the smallest wheels Lego had to
offer. My flyer was white and grey, though. Legos remained my favorite
toy for years, from my first set when I was seven, clear into my teens
when other kids thought Legos were child's play. They didn't understand
that Legos give only what you put into them, that the lessons learned
are useful in other areas. *sigh* :)

Sam